Friday, November 4, 2011

Discouraged, but not defeated

Today I'm feeling super discouraged. I want to be God's love and light in the world, but I feel people are not responding to it. I just never realized loving people could be so hard...I want to love the people who are mean to me, the people who hurt me, the people who seem unlovable. I know I cannot love them with my own love, but with God's love I can love them. It will only be through His strength that I will be able to.

Romans 12:12 has been on my heart.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." It's so simple, and yet so so hard. I want to hope in the Lord, be patient through the hard stuff, and be faithful to lift everything up to God.

My soul feels so heavy. Prayer would be much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel! its good to know im not the only one! i will be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have such a focused heart on people and that will so greatly show in your relationships even if someone is rude or negative towards you. Being kind and humble in Gods love will always preserver.

    Through our greatest failures we find our greatest successes! God is using you as a chess piece and each and every move is by his hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. romans 12 is awesome. i am so glad you are filling your thoughts with such awesome words. we'll be faithful in prayer for you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray the Lord lifts up your soul and fills you with strength, boldness and so much of His love that you may have an overflow so you may pour out into everybody you encounter. I'll be praying for you this week Anika :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anika Thanks for sharing so honestly. One way i have found that makes loving the unlovable easier is to separate them from their sin (or whatever makes them unlovable) and try to identify with them as God's creation. If we can all agree that we are ALL "fearfully and wonderfully made" by the Lord and that we are ALL sinners in a need of a savior then it becomes easier to identify with and love people. Also pursue to be compelled into love for others by Christ's love for you that while you were a sinner he came and died for you. Its like that song we sing "in view of God's mercy I offer my all..."

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for you Anika :) Just know that even though you may not feel or see that people are seeing your love for them, God is using you and your love for others. I definitely see that God has gifted you with a loving, compassionate heart and I know have to see it too :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you tonight, Anika :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Word up! I suck at loving people. Its rad you have these thoughts on your heart God is working on and with you.

    ReplyDelete