Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

I haven't blogged in a couple weeks. I think I've been feeling kind of bleh. You know the feeling? The feeling of not feeling anything... Anyway, I was thinking now was the time to start blogging again = )

Here is what I've been thinking: God is amazing. He meets me where I'm at, you know? I haven't been praying as much as usual, and I realized how much this affects my daily life. I missed God. I now He didn't leave or anything, but I've missed the constant communication. What God has been showing me is so cool. Through not praying, I've learned that praying for me is like coming home. God also keeps reminding me that I am HIS. It's so beautiful and such a blessing to be His. It makes me what to cry and smile for joy all at the same time. My heart overflows with joy.

God keeps His promises. Isaiah 26:3 is on my heart. It says, "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." I know as long as I trust God, He will keep me in His peace, and I'm so thankful. I'm learning surrender and trust often go hand and hand, and that surrender often brings pain, but I've seen God walking through my pain with me.

I'm learning how to be honest with God; to tell Him when I hurt, to tell Him when I'm frustrated, to tell Him when I need help, to tell Him when I'm thankful. Which brings me to say, on this Thanksgiving Eve, that I'm so thankful to be His, and I'm so thankful for the beautiful people He has surrounded me with with, people to encourage a me in my walk with the Lord, and to love me in the process. If you could please pray that God would fill my heart with thankfulness and encouraging words for those around me I would really appreciate it.

I love you all. Thank you for your constant prayers and support. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

  1. this is so awesome! i can totally relate! i will be praying for you! happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have felt the same call to "return to prayer" - me thinks God is at work, calling us all back to His throne of grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankful to be his indeed!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anika! Love this post- I think I tried to comment on my iphone before, so this is the second read for me, haha. Love that you are seeking God through prayer, He knows it and I'm so excited to hear about what He will do through you next :)

    ReplyDelete