Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The God who is always there

God placed Psalm 121:3-8 on my heart. It says,

"He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore."

Wow. When I read this, it feels like taking a deep breath in. It's so overwhelming how big our God is, and how much He thinks about us, how often I am in His thoughts. It's hard for me to even begin to understand.

I feel so overwhelmed with life sometimes; I often feel like I'm just one small person in the middle of it all. I get tangled up in my worries, and I forget to hand them over to God, or worse yet, somewhere in my mind I tell myself God can't handle them, or God has enough to worry about, when I know nothing could be further from the truth. God wants every part of me, to the point that He wrote down specifically what He does for me- He won't let my foot slip, He will always watch over me, He will watch over every aspect of my life, and keep me from harm, both now and forevermore.

I know this is switching the topic a little bit, but have you all listened to "You Loved Me Anyway" by Sidewalk Prophets? Well if you haven't, you should. = ) There is a line near the end of the song that says, " See I am the man who yelled out from the crowd for Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground..." This verse has affected me so much. I am that man, yet my Lord loves me anyway. I think that is one of the many reasons Psalm 121:3-8 blesses my heart so much; not only do I get to know God loves me, He gave me a list of the ways He loves me. Oh, how I love my Lord. Every time I am tempted to despair, He picks me up and puts me in His glorious presence. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment