Monday, October 10, 2011

Deliverance

So I do a short devotional everyday, and today when I did it I was really looking for God, you know? Have you ever had those moments where you are like' God, I just really need You to show up right now, because I can't do this alone.' ? Well that's definitely where I'm at.

So I was reading my devotional by Beth Moore, and todays was called "Filled, not just Fixed." One thing she said really hit me hard: "The vacuum in every human life does not yearn to be fixed. It yearns to be filled. God can deliver us from a terribly oppressive stronghold, but if we don't fill the void with Him, we are terribly susceptible to relapse."

I feel like this is not pretty, but it's where I'm at. I want to be filled with God, to be identified by Him alone, and yet I find myself so often looking to be filled by other people and things. My prayer is that I would continually look to God to fill my life, and that He would surround me with people who would encourage me to do just that. If you could pray for me, that would be awesome. = )

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I totally feel the same way. There is definitely a hole we find in our lives that cannot be filled with anything but God. We were created to be in relationship with God. This is the Good News! This really inspired me. I'll be praying for you Anika :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer request accepted:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I feel like God smiles when we say things like "it's not pretty, but it's where I'm at" because THAT is when we are most ready for Him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for ya :) You are God's beautiful daughter, beloved, and precious. I pray that God's truths of who you are in Him would penetrate your heart. I love what Beth Moore said. That is so true that as we release and get rid of the things not of God we need to fill it with His truths and presence. So God I ask that as Anika releases the things not of you, that You will flood in and replace those things with your truths. :)

    ReplyDelete